Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Flowers for Mother's Day

I know I'm a little late with this post, but Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

I was planning on doing a self-portrait over the weekend. I figured my mom would like that as a present and I can also enter it in the American Artist magazine's self-portrait competition. But I didn't get around to it. Instead Rebecca and I set up a still-life (She has to do some paintings for an upcoming show in Massachusetts):


We spent most of the day scouring Astoria for interesting things to paint. Unfortunately we couldn't find anything so we settled on some flowers. A lot of flowers.


I didn't spend too much time on this. And it shows.


But it was fun to break out the oils.
Plus my mom loves flowers too.


This upcoming weekend I'll do that self-portrait and put up more info on the AA competition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great start!

Arlene,
Poulsbo flowers

Rich Pellegrino said...

I like the freedom in this one. Reminds of an oil sketch from Sargent.

Arkady Roytman said...

Thanks Arlene and Rich.
I may do more in the future.

Mother's Day Flowers philippines said...

Nice post. Lovely flowers for a lovely moms was a perfect idea. I also gave a bouquet of flowers to my mom last mother's day and she love it. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

-yumi-